Why Practice Yoga?
Embracing the principle that body and mind are connected, the aim of yoga is to create a vibrant experience of health, happiness and wholeness. Yoga is
a unique practice that works to unlock the vast potential within each individual.
Balance is created through the combination of yoga postures, relaxation and breathing exercises, bringing both body and mind back to their natural state
of peace and wellness. Yoga gently unlocks the physical and mental tensions that hold us back from experiencing our optimal state of being. Liberating
this energy frees us to embrace life without limitation.
The benefits of yoga are available to everyone – it is a practice that can be adapted to the needs of all ages, sizes and fitness levels.For your body
• Increased flexibility, balance, strength and muscle tone.
• Cultivation of core strength, which is essential for good posture and a healthy spine.
• Helps to oxygenate the body and increase cardio endurance.
• Twisting and breathing exercises assist in detoxification.
• Improved ease and quality of sleep.
• Enhanced immune and digestive function.
• Longevity! The combined benefits of yoga contribute to increased physical resilience and vitality, slowing down aging and allowing the body to avoid
many of the common illnesses associated with old age.
For your mind
• Yoga calms the nervous system.
• It is an excellent way to reduce stress and stress-related illness.
• Develops concentration and focus.
• Promotes emotional balance.
• Yoga gives us space to be present with our bodies, rather than busy with activity.
• It encourages self awareness. It helps us to recognise strengths and limitations, and helps to work on both.
• Generates an attitude of self acceptance and positivity.